Twenty-six was the year I started one month into my marriage, moved in to our condo, traveled the world, started working full-time with my husband and adopted our sweet little Lucy girl in our family. This year brought a lot of change and growth, and I really can’t believe all that I did at 26 when I look back now. It has me really excited for what 27 will bring. Both personally and professionally I am thankful for the true author of success and blessings, and that’s Jesus! I am so thankful for His grace, because that is what carried me through this year, and woke me up today.
In honour of my 27th birthday, I am sharing a few things I’ve learnedÂ (I can’t wait to learn more!):
- I love growing older. Losing a friend at a young age, I learned that it is a PRIVILEGE to grow old, and I will be thankful for every year God lends me until He calls me home. Wrinkles and all (and yes I’ve already started to wrinkle haha, oh and the grey hairs are real).
- You can do “anything” but you can’t do “everything” â€” choose wisely.
- REST. This was a huge lesson in my 20’s when I had a few burn out episodes and it’s something I don’t mess around with anymore. I take my rest VERY seriously, haha.
- Interrupt anxiety with gratitude. The best way to quit worrying about everything in your life is to start serving and seeking ways to help others (giving back has always healed me). You’ll find so much to be grateful for and nothing can steal your joy.
- Find a balance between saving money and experiencing. Or find a job that helps you do both *wink*
- It’s important to develop self-discipline – GET IT DONE 🙂
- In between goals is a thing called life that has to be lived and enjoyed!
- Insecurity is a waste of time.
- No matter how good your friends and family are, they’re going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
- If it costs you your peace, it’s too expensive. Let it gooo, Elsa.
- I love giving, and I want to cultivate bigger ways I can help others and give back. There is always work to be done! I’ve only seen more blessings come, from blessing others and giving love away.
- The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- “Sometimes it helps in the moment to think: people arenâ€™t being difficult — they are having difficulty.” – Ann Voskamp.Â Love difficult people.
- Hold your tongue and let God fight your battles. Kill them with kindness.
- Purpose fuels passion. Find your purpose and make it your passion!
- Don’t tell people your dreams. Show them.
- Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape and one to be creative.
- Marriage rocks!
- What was meant for me, will never pass me.
- I still need hugs and kisses from my mom and dad, no matter how old I am. I love being the baby in the family, lol 🙂
- I need grace everyday, so I have to give grace everyday.
- Charge your phone, lady! Seriously, I let all of my electronics die (no bueno) maybe I’ll change that this year? (doubt it, says my hubby haha)
- Work hard, stay humble.
- Never lose your child-like wonder and faith, no matter how bad the world gets.
- Never leave all of your laundry to the last minute when it all piles up. #forevercleaning
- Chase God, not people.Â
- My identity is in Christ. Not in the opinion of others, not the number of followers I have, not in my success or failures, not in the money I make and not in what I possess. I am loved. I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-14), I am forgiven (1 John 1:9) and have been bought with the price of the most precious blood (1 Corinthians 6:20). No scheme of man, nothing, nothing, nothing in this world can ever keep me from that gift. That has been the most valuable, peaceful, life-giving knowledge I have learned from 27 years on this earth. My God is with me and goes before me. I am His and that is enough for me.Â
Thank you all for letting me do what I love! XOXO