I’ve been trying to eat as healthy as possible (of course I let myself have treats) to keep my immune system strong during this quarantine. I’ll share more dishes of *meals* in another post but I thought it may be fun to share what I like to snack on in between or for dessert. I like to eat every few hours throughout the day (I’ve always been like this) as opposed to a big meal 3x. I find I feel better and digest better when I eat like this, I just listen to what my body needs! I try to keep my treats a version of “healthy” too, so I’m sharing a few simple ideas below…
Easy, Healthy Snacks:
1) Handful of mixed nuts and berries
2) Veggies, Hummus and Pretzel Crisps (the garlic ones are my fave)
3) Kale Salad with Feta Cheese
4) Breaded Zucchini (with ranch dip, tzatziki whatever you like!)
5) Snap Peas (I love how crunchy these are)
1) Peanut butter stuffed dates (dip in chocolate, sprinkle sea salt on top and freeze) they taste like healthy snickers!
2) Baked apple slices with cinnamon and a side of Kawartha vanilla ice cream (you can get it at Costco in Ontario – my fave!)
3) Greek Yogurt or Almond Milk Yogurt on a pan with chocolate chips frozen makes for a healthy “bark”
4) Mini Eggs – because it’s Easter and you just got to sometimes!