One of my favourite things to do this time of year, whether it’s gathering with friends or just a date night in for Neal and I, is having a charcuterie night! Wine, cheese, crackers and fruit is just the best combo! It sparks good conversation and feels so communal because it’s served “family style.” It’s a great app if you’re entertaining guests, just light some candles and it sets a cozy mood! Here’s the guide I follow to create the perfect charcuterie board (this one specifically for the fall)…
- Sweet & Savoury: Have a good balance of sweet (fruit, dried fruit etc.) and savoury (salty cheeses, olives etc.) to enhance the flavours
- Purchase what is in season at the market (I added fresh pears and figs to my board currently)
- Red Wine always tastes better with saltier cheeses (i.e. feta)
- Have at least two different types of crackers/bread (I used crostini and fig and olive crackers)
- Mix soft and hard cheeses for different textures!
- Add garnish: I love rosemary! It always adds a nice touch to your presentation!
- I also used seasonal white pumpkins for around the charcuterie board as an additional decor piece, along with fresh flowers and candles to make it thoughtful and inviting!
Hope you enjoyed some of my tips to creating a cozy charcuterie evening! Pin these images as a reference on your fall boards and find me on Pinterest HERE for more inspiration. XOXO
SHOP THIS POST:
Couch: Structube | Blanket: Etsy | Fur Pillows: Target | Pouf: Homesense Canada (similar) | Sweater: Nordstrom | White Vase: West Elm (similar) | Candle Holder: H&M Home | Vanilla Candle: Diptyque | Marble & Copper Cheese Knives: William Sonoma | Cutting Board: H&M Home | Stoneware Bowls: H&M Home | Table Cloth: H&M Home | Marble Cutting Board: Indigo