D I Y F R E S H F L O W E R G A R L A N D:
Gather your supplies (sheers, wire cutter, garden wire & of course, flowers).
Start arranging each end of the garland by mixing your blooms and secure in place with the wire.
Continue to make mini bundles, and then when you have enough connect them all together with wire.
Layer your bundles as you see fit, and just have fun playing around!
Continue until you’ve made your garland as long as you’d like to fit on your mantle.
Fill in any holes by using loose blooms to tie it all in!
*I recommend making this the night before you host a holiday party for freshness
Ah, the fireplace, I’ve always felt this spot in the home is the coziest around the holidays. I’m sharing two ways on how to style yours this winter with some easy tips and tricks. The first look plays homage to my favourite combo (white+gold), while incorporating some elements of whimsy, winter and nature.
M Y T I P S :
I brought in elements of nature through fresh blooms (scroll up for the tutorial), a faux deer mount and gold glass Christmas tree. I went to my local farmer’s market and just picked up the freshest flowers that were in season — no rhyme or reason! Some seeded eucalyptus flower was the perfect touch to break up the heavy usage of gold and white in this colour story. Candles are another favourite of mine for styling anything — they not only leave a beautiful aroma, but also a cozy presentation to any vignette. Pretty books are another great piece to incorporate, which come in use when you’re cuddled up by the fire on a cold winter night.
I’d like to think if Santa came down this chimney, he’d enjoy some spiked eggnog and dark chocolate sea salted caramels. A fun update to the traditional milk and cookies.
G E T T H E L O O K :
1. Faux Deer Mount via WhiteFauxTaxidermy
2. Gold Foil Mistletoe Print via SS PRINT SHOP
3. Gilded Amberleaf Candle c/o ChaptersIndigo
4. Vintage Coupe Glasses c/o ChaptersIndigo
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald Books designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith
6. Gold Monogram Mug via Anthropologie
7. Voluspa French Bourbon Vanille Candle c/o ChaptersIndigo
8. Gold Glass Tree c/o ChaptersIndigo
9. “Light Up The Room” Fig Candle via Kate Spade
10. Caitlin Wilson Textiles Pillow c/o