During the holidays, I like to brighten up my beauty routine by adding a few accents that really stand out. Tis the season for parties, and there’s nothing more festive than a red lip. I’ve been hunting down the perfect shade, and at last I discovered it at Shoppers Drug Mart from Joe Fresh! I have a few tips to making your lips last through sips of wine and delicious appetizersÂ so read more below…
Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick in Ruby | Long Wear Lip Liner in Deep Red | Lip Gloss in Ruby all available at Shoppers Drug Mart by Joe Fresh Beauty
Tips to getting that perfect red lip:
- Whenever I do my makeup, I take my mirror and sit where I am facing natural light. This is how you get the best application and blending because you can see everything! Our bathroom has no windows and artificial light, so I usually get ready in our living room.
- Make sure to moisturize your lips before applying any colour â€” the worst thing you can do is put lipstick on dry, cracked lips in the winter. I like to do a little sugar scrub and apply lip balm before following up with the next step.
- Use a moisturizing lip liner, to outline the shape you desire. I have really small lips, so I like to draw over and make them appear fuller.
- I love that this lipliner has a dual tool, on the other end is a brush which I use to blend the lipliner down and act as a primer for the lipstick. I fill in all of my lips and because the formula is really creamy, this step works perfectly.
- Apply your shade of matte lipstick.
- As I mentioned, my lips are very thin, so I like to add a little gloss to the centre of them to appearÂ more pouty and full.
Other products I used and love to achieve this look:
Joe Fresh Illuminating Primer,Â Â Joe Fresh Lash Pump Mascara, Joe Fresh Highlighter Stick in Pure Glow (all available at Shoppers Drug Mart)
Outfit Details: Faux Fur Vest | Earrings: Joe Fresh | Turtleneck | Bracelet: Joe Fresh
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this beauty series!
Thank You to Joe Fresh & Shoppers Drug Mart for partnering on this post.
3 responses to “HOLIDAY RED LIP”
That’s a gorgeous colour! I love to wear red on my lips, it looks stunning on anyone.
I need that liner ASAP!
Pink Champagne Problems
Beautiful makeup 🙂